For the symposium 2024 in Ringkoebing we can invite about 10-12 sculptors.
The invitations will be put out on the facebooksite and world-wide by email.
• The International Wood Sculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing is an organization that wants to promote and create contacts between sculptors, artisans, designers and architecs from Denmark and other countries.
• The International Wood Sculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing is a non-profit organization and therefore does not offer fees to the sculptors.
• By making sculptures in connection with The International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing 2024, it is also our aim to create abstract/ half abstract sculptures of wood of high artistic quality and visualize the art in Ringkoebing.
• The Internaltional Wood Sculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing want to promote the knowledge of tree sculptures as traditional and artistic form of expression.
• The sculptures will be bought from or sponsored to local firms, private persons, or organizations. The money from the sale of the sculptures goes towards holding next year’s symposium.
- The selection will be based on your submitted proposal for the sculptures. The sculpture made during the symposium must correspond to the submitted ( proposal ) sketch!
- The wood for the symposium in Ringkoebing is Oak or Cedar tree. It is unique and beautiful hardwood and we will do our best to find a nice piece of wood for your sculpture.
- The sculpture can consist of materials other than wood, such as steel, bronze, stone and other not easily perishable materials that can withstand weather and wind.
- A maximum of 30% may consist of another material. The main material must be wood. Attention! If you wish to process these other materials during the symposium, this must be agreed upon during the symposium.
Information regarding the Symposium
The symposium is taking place from 28th July to 04th August 2024 in the old, nostalgic part of Ringkoebing in beautiful surroundings by the yachting harbor and the Ringkoebing Fjord. The work with the wooden sculptures starts at 10.00AM on 28st July (first preparations will be made) and is completed Saturday 4st August 10.00 AM.
Saturday 4th August there will be a final vernissage around midday.
The organizers will provide the participants with the following materials:
- Oakwood or Cedarwood log in max 2,5 meters length and about 60 – 80 cm diameter
- Electric saw (for hard work motor saws may be used)
- Some petrol chainsaws for sharing incl. petrol
- Help cutting up large pieces (Monday 29st only)
- Electric power supply 220 V 50 Hz
- Finishing materials (oil, paint .. etc.)
The participants are kindly requested to bring any other tools or auxiliary materials!
The committee will take care of the following in connection with the symposium in Ringkoebing from the evening of 28th July to the morning of 04th August:
- All travel expenses from European countries (cheapest travel expenses cost).
- Travel expenses from not European countries will be maximum 1200 EUR.
- Accommodation (2 pers. room), meals and social arrangements
- Transport between Ringkoebing and Billund Airport
- Program with local or cultural spots during the symposium
- Kindly provide us with additional information about you as sculptor and please bring material that presents you as sculptor or your country (photo albums, videos, music, cd’s etc).
- Companions (not sculptors) will have to pay full price (1000 euro) for joining the symposium.
- The spoken language at the symposium will be English!
- The committee of The International wood sculpture symposium in Ringkoebing 2024 is responsible for the organization of the symposium and it reserves the rights for the works, publications and advertisements.
- Artist must complete the sculpture during the symposium. Symposium will take place whatever weather will be.
- If the sculpture is not ready for the final treatment ( sanded and oiled ) by the time of the vernissage, no travel expenses can be paid.
Safety information. Attention!
● The participants are responsible for bringing their own safety equipment
● It is mandatory to use safety equipment during work
● Safety equipment as safety pants, shoes / boots, face protection etc. must be used during work with chainsaw and other cutting machinery
● OBS! Artist are working on his/her own responsibility. Be aware that it is the participants’ responsibility to be insured against accidents of any kind in connection with the symposium
The symposium in Ringkoebing is a nonprofit organization where the money for the sale of the sculptures will go to finance the symposium in Ringkoebing.
Your sculpture will be bought from local firms, private persons or organizations in Denmark, so we need the following information from you to promote the sponsorship of your sculpture.
- Registration form (use registration form) with name and contact information as address, phone number, e-mail address etc. – (maximum 1 pieces. A4 pages)
- Additional information about you as sculptor
- Pictures of your sculptures that represent your working method and way of expression (max. 10 pictures)
- 1-2 sketches/proposals ( min. 150 dpi A4 size) for your sculpture at the symposium in Rinkoebing 2024. The maximum size of the sculpture should be 2 meters. If there is a longer tree trunk, the sculpture should be scalable.
- Short CV (maximum 1 pieces. A4 pages) –
- Application must be written in English!
Please send your registration form, application, CV, pictures and sketches to this email address:
Download Registration form
• Deadline: The application must be sent no later than 1. February 2024!
• Selection: The selection will be published shortly after 20th March 2024.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you and we hope that you will accept the challenge and apply for admission to the International Wood Sculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing 2024.
Phone +45 30132935.